Sunday 13 January 2013

Good Days, Bad Days, and Completely Amazing Days

When it comes to writing, for me there is no forcing it. I cannot make myself write if the muse isn't there. I can sit there with pen and paper in hand (I write completely long hand - me, computers and creativity just don't go together) staring at a blank page for hours and if the muse isn't there then nothing in the world can make me write.

So there are good writing days, and there are bad writing days. And then there are days like today. The completely amazing days.

Those are the days when my muse isn't just around - she's hovering over my shoulder, screaming in my ear.

It started at 1am, when I woke up with an idea already in my head. Stories come to me as movie trailer voice overs. 'So and so was an ordinary girl, until one day everything changed forever...' for example. And at 1am this morning I had a movie voice over playing in my head. It wasn't going to go away until I put it down on paper.

I spent the entire day thinking about the idea - fleshing out the plot and figuring out exactly what's going on.

Now, somehow, I just need to find the time to write the thing. All I can ask is that my muse doesn't desert me now. Not when I need her most.

No comments:

Post a Comment